Chamber Chat: Chamber sees active year with more to comePublished 10:29pm Tuesday, August 28, 2012
From January 2012 through August, the Four Flags Area Chamber of Commerce has hosted several marketing and community events. Five Business After Hours have been held so far with four more planned for the remainder of the year. Biggest attendance was at the Business After Hours and grand opening celebration at Lakeland Medical Suites in Niles.
This year, there have been 11 grand openings and ribbon-cutting ceremonies in celebration of local business members.
Two of the newest chamber members are Back to Basics Wellness and Lifestyle Training and Integrity Turf and Landscaping.
The annual Salute to Business Awards Dinner in March celebrated the accomplishments of area businesses and individuals.
The third annual EXPOsing Greatness Business Expo co-hosted by the chamber in May featured 60 booth representing local businesses. Also included were free professional development mini-seminars and complimentary food samples from local food establishments.
In July, the chamber and its members presented its 27th Fourth of July fireworks in celebration of the nation’s birthday and its independence.
Looking ahead to the remainder of 2012, several important projects are moving forward.
• After having a successful grand opening and open house in June of its professional office suites, Lakeland HealthCare is now busy working on an emergency room expansion, which should be completed in 2013.
• The former Wicks building has a new owner. The Caterpillar Tractor Division is moving a modern showroom featuring a complete Caterpillar line. Bringing as many as 30 new jobs to the area, the grand opening is scheduled for October.
• Ho Ping House Restaurant is under construction at Belle Plaza, bringing 35 to 40 new jobs to the area.
The grand opening is scheduled for early fall.
• A professional dental office/lab will be opening soon with about 15 new jobs created.
• Pratt Industries delayed its opening in Niles until sometime in 2013 and are taking applications at www.prattinc.com.
• For the fall and winter, a selection of professional development workshops and seminars are in the works.
Some of these are open to the public; watch the local media for upcoming seminar updates.
Check www.nilesmi.com for a listing of chamber and community events.
Four Flags Area Chamber of Commerce