Niles District Library: ‘Infinite Playlist’ next for book clubPublished 11:01pm Wednesday, May 9, 2012
By NICOLE MARTIN
Youth services events
• Girls Read and Guys Read book club will continue to read Rachel Cohn and David Levithan’s “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist.”
The book club will meet from 4:30 to 6 p.m. today in the boardroom.
• Legos at the Library will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday in the Children’s Department.
• Jr. Garden Club meets from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Children’s Department. This month, a speaker will talk about bees, and children can try on a beekeeper’s suit. A prize will be awarded to one lucky member.
Call (269) 683-8545 ext. 106 with questions.
Adult services events
• The Friends of the Library Book Sale will be 10 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• The library celebrates Local History Day Saturday. Bob Myers of the Berrien County Historical Association will be at the library at 1 p.m. to discuss the role of the 12th Regiment Michigan Volunteer Infantry’s local connection to the Civil War.
At 2 p.m., the Michiana Civil War Re-enactors will provide a demonstration (involving the Union and Confederate sides) and discuss life in the 1860s. The re-enactors will answer questions and elaborate on their apparel, camp life and what life was like for a soldier’s family.
The Friends of Silverbrook will host a walking tour of the Civil War-era portion of the cemetery at about 4:30 p.m., following the aforementioned presentations.
• The Video Book Club meets at 6 p.m. on Mondays to watch and discuss movies based on books (or visa versa).
Movies are “Charlotte’s Web” on May 14, “Mask of Zorro” on May 21 and “Princess Bride” on June 4.
The library will be closed May 26 and May 28 in honor of Memorial Day.
Tags: Niles District Library