Celebrate the spirit of the season at the Harvest Festival Oct. 1Published 5:13pm Thursday, September 29, 2011
Enjoy the spirit of the harvest season in southwest Michigan during the sixth annual Harvest Festival at Dr. T.K. Lawless Park Saturday, Oct. 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. The rain date is Oct. 8.
The Cass County Parks and Recreation Department, Friends of Cass County Parks, Cass District Library, and Cass County Animal Control will celebrate the beauty and bounty of autumn in Michigan.
Admission to this autumn celebration is $3 per person and includes all activities; children age 2 and younger are free.
Activities for the evening include:
• 5 to 8 p.m. — wagon rides, horse-drawn hayrides, pumpkin and face painting (free pumpkin for children ages 2-11 while supplies last), crafts, refreshments and balloon lady
• 5 to 7 p.m. — scavenger hunt (ages 2-11)
• 5:30 to 7 p.m. — Arden’s Choo Choo Train Rides
• 6:30 p.m. — Canines in Costume
• 7 to 7:30 p.m. — Owl Prowl
• 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Birds of Prey Demonstration
Back by popular demand is the Canines in Costume Contest. Pets must be on a leash with proof of rabies vaccination and licensing). To enter, bring one of the following: dry dog, puppy or cat food; cat litter; treats; toys; grooming supplies; dish soap; bleach; or a monetary donation. This contest benefits the Cass County Animal Shelter. Dust off those bunny ears, cowboy outfits and grass skirts, and plan to join the event at 6:30 p.m. for the judging. Awards will be given to the “Top Dressed Dog.”
For more event information or to volunteer, contact the Cass County Parks and Recreation Department at (269)445-4456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Dr. T.K. Lawless Park